About / About Me
The Functional Osteopath
Many of us have or had health issues for a while and my story is no different. I had frequent debilitating migraines throughout my childhood until I was a young adult. I also had painful, heavy periods. I was extremely sensitive to strong smells and perfumes to the point where that alone could bring on the migraine aura.
As a kid and throughout high school I did a variety of sports, but in university I stopped doing any sport. I was under a lot of stress with school work, trying to fit in while also eating the typical Uni diet. Needless to say, my gut was a mess.
I was no longer living at home and getting these loving, nutritious meals cooked by my mum. Instead, I was barely exercising, eating a lot of processed food and had no idea about portion control. I gained weight, my confidence crashed and I felt exhausted all of the time and unhappy, all at the ripe old age of 18. At times, it felt like I could sleep for days and even when I did, I never really woke-up feeling refreshed and happy.
I knew something had to change, so one day I went to the university gym and tried to run on the treadmill. I didn’t last 3 minutes, but I just made a promise to myself to go every day and run a little more each time. In a few months I was running 45 minutes to an hour without a problem and I completely
changed my diet to whole foods. I lost all of the extra weight and more. I not only slept better but I gained my confidence back from how great I felt. I did not crave junk food, only healthy food. When you give your body what it needs, it doesn’t crave. Most importantly, I have not been plagued by migraines and now more than 20 years on, I have only had a few from my own lapses in judgement.
This dramatic change in my health motivated me to get my personal training certification through NASM and fuelled what has become a lifelong pursuit in health education for me. I am always excited to learn from colleagues and fellow wellness entrepreneurs and am constantly expanding my breadth of knowledge.
In fact, I have spent thousands of hours throughout my 26 and growing years in the health and wellness field learning from experts and clinicians in manual therapy and the health and well-being industry. There are so many great tools and information out there now more than ever, but the main principles throughout all are still the same. Being healthy requires going back to basics: having good wholesome nutrition, exercise and a positive healing environment for the body, mind and soul.
One of my great passions is educating people. I invite you to learn from me but to equally be an active participant in your own health. It doesn’t have to be boring! Imagine what it is like to wake-up feeling great and full of energy not just some days but most days, if not every? I know from my own experience. If you would like to find out more if how I can help you, book a free 15 minute call to chat.
My Mission Statement
My mission is to help you get back to when you last felt healthy by providing the nurturing and supportive environment you need to achieve realistic goals. I will provide you with the tools to achieve these goals through the same holistic view of health I believe in and that has helped me in my own wellness journey. The steps may be small but they will be done together, always looking forward in that commitment to each other.
Imagine what it is like to wake-up feeling great and full of energy not just some days but every day? I know from my own experience. If you would like to find out more if how I can help you, please contact us.
Education and Training
– Bachelor of Arts BioPsychology Double Major
– Masters in Osteopathic Medicine
– Diploma in Osteopathic and Naturopathic Medicine
– Masters in Pain Neuroscience
– Institute of Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
– Neuroinflammation Kharrazian Institute
– Autoimmunity Kharrazian Institute
– Gastro Intestinal Kharrazian Institute
– Hashimoto’s Thyroid Kharrazian Institute
– Diabetes and Dysglycaemia Kharrazian Institute
– Infertility and Maternal Health Kharrazian Institute
– Cognitive Decline-Kharrazian Institute
– Childhood Development-Kharrazian Institute
– Cardiovascular-Khrrazian Institute
– Mood and Anxiety Disorders-Kharrazian Institute
– DUTCH Training
– OATS Training
– Are You Missing Mould Illness in Your Patients Dr Jill Crista
– Integrative Mycomedicine Association Mycotherapy Expert
– Mastering Brain Chemistry Apex Seminars
– Mastering Blood Chemistry Apex Seminars
– Mastering Thyroid Apex Seminars
– Traumatic Brain Injury with Dr. Maude Nerman
– Visceral Manipulation with Jean-Pierre Barral
– Be Activated Neuromuscular Technique Level 1 +2 with Douglas Heel
– Institute of Integrative Nutrition Certified Health Coach
– Manipulative Techniques with Laurie Hartman
– Neuromuscular ReAbilitation with Eyal Lederman
– Functional Stretching with Eyal Lederman
– Harmonic Therapy with Eyal Lederman
– Medical Acupuncture with Jenny Longbottom and Anthony Campbell
– Auricular Acupuncture with The College of Auricular Acupuncture
– Battlefield Auricular Acupuncture
– Sutherland Cranial Level 1+2
– NASM Certified Personal Trainer
– “Chronic Fatigue and Pain”-Kharrazian Institute